After a long day sometimes the only thing I want to do is crawl into bed. Before I do that though, there are a few things I always make sure I do. Especially with the weather getting colder that makes it even more important to keep my skin healthy well taken care of. To do this, there are a few things that I like to do every night before bed every night to keep my body and mind looking and feeling healthy.
1. The first thing I do is take off my makeup. Of everything I’ve researched about skin taking care of it, one conclusion I’ve found is that getting the makeup and built up oils and residue off of the skin is the best.
2. The next thing I do is shower, sometimes I skip this step depending on what is going on the next morning and how tired I am. Lately I’ve been using Clean On Me by Soap and Glory and I love it. The delicious scent and the seriously velvety lather makes it a great shower cleanser.
3. No matter if I shower or not I always wash my face with a gentle cleanser like the Neutrogena Deep Cleansing face wash. I will wet my face with warm water and then work it into my skin focusing on my T-Zone and other problem areas.
4. After that I will tone and cleanse my skin with the Mario Badescu Cleansing Toner C and Aloe Lotion. I use these by putting a little bit on a cotton round and working it into my skin.
5. Lastly I’ll finish off with a moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. Lately I’ve been using my Aveeno daily moisturizer but because of the SPF 15 I especially like to use it in the morning before I put on my makeup. At night I will often use the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I also take this time to pop on some Blistex before sliding into bed.
I kept this post mainly about skin care but there is usually a lot more dancing around in comfy pajamas with my room mates, Netflix watching, and rapid fire texting my best friends before bed.
With the winter semester in full swing I have had to limit the time I get to spend on my hair to a minimum. While hair has never been my specialty I have mastered a few tricks that make getting ready much easier. These hair styles are both effortlessly romantic and quick to execute. With Valentines day quickly approaching these looks are versatile enough for date night or a night out with your girl friends.
This first look is one that I wear a lot, mostly because its a great way to keep my hair off of my face while I’m working. To do this I simply start a dutch or waterfall braid about an inch from my hair line and continue the braid all the way down and secure with an elastic. Then I pull out a few fly-aways to make the look more relaxed and casual.
For this look I use the same dutch braid but I part my hair deeper to the left. I braid back one side of the top layer of my hair and secure it with a bobby pin or two. Then I take a section of hair from the other side of equal size and pull it back without braiding it. This half up half down look is one of my go to’s for busy mornings.
This next look is something more risky, especially if you are a die hard slightly-off-center-long-fringe girl like myself. I start by making sure that my hair is evenly parted in the center and then curl my hair. Then I will pull back two small sections starting in the center on the top of my head. When I do this I either braid, or twist the section and secure it with a bobby pin. Then I hair-spray the heck out of it and I’m good to go.
For this look I’ve been using my Tarteltte palette however there are many dupes both drugstore and high end that can create a similar look. I take a deep brown and pat it into my crease. Then I blend it out with a large lighter brown. Then I apply a cream or white color to my lids and start on the cat eye. The product I’ve been mostly using is the Maybelline Eye Liner Paint Pots in Black. It comes with a handy small brush that I use to create an even line and sweet it up towards my brow bone stopping once I hit my crease. Then I finish it off with a deep berry lip.
Share some of your current go-to looks with me in the comments below!
So in the spirit of truly capturing everything I use on a daily basis when I am out and about I have just dumped my makeup bag on my floor. Granted I use the products from my vanity in the morning to get ready, these are still the products that I keep ready to go at all times.
Between traveling to and from school for classes and sorority events my Kate Spade bright pink train case is a life saver when it comes to keeping my products together.
- Maybelline- Dream Matte Mousse foundation
- Benefit High-Beam
- Derma-Blend professional Smooth Liquid Cream
- Maybelline- Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser
- Anastasia- Tinted Brow Gel
- Anastasia- Perfect Brow Pencil
- Urban Decay- Eye Shadow (Sin)
- Loreal- Volumnious Carbon Black Mascara
- Too Faced- Better Than Sex Mascara
- Buxom- Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick
- Stila- Kajal Eye Liner
- Pixi- Endless Silky Eye Pen
- IT Cosmetics-Smudger/Liner brush
- NYX Lip Liner-Muave
- Too Faced Lipstick- Teddy Bear
- Bobby Pins
If we are ready or not, spring is fast approaching. This spring Tarte has debuted a new palette full of some of my favorite shades. I adore palettes that include both matte and shimmery colors and this is the perfect one.
I have never been a huge fan of Tarte products however, when I saw this palette online I knew I had to have it. Seeing the palette in person reaffirmed my lust completely. As a personal preference I tend to stick to more neutral shades and this palette includes muaves, creams, dark auburn red purple tones, and my favorite a gorgeous champagne hue.
For the look pictured above, I started by putting the cream shade Charmer under my browbone.
Then I put Jetsetter between my browbone and crease. After I place Funny Girl on my whole lid and in the corner of my eye.
Then I apply Leader to my crease and blend. For a darker look I apply Activist to the outer V of my eye.
Lastly use an angled liner brush to apply Smokeshow to my upper and lower lash line.
Then I curl my lashes and I used Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara.
For my lips I used a NYX pencil liner in Nude Pink and Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft Spoken
I am in love with this palette and it is the perfect transition from winter into spring. Below is a list of the products featured above so check them out and next time you’re in a Sephora or Ulta give Tartelette In Bloom a try.
Tartelette In Bloom
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick
Within the holiday season many new palettes premiered. Of these wonderful holiday debuts one of my favorites was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. This limited edition palette includes a variety of bronzers, blushes, and highlighters.
These flattering shades all come together to help create an effortless finish. I use this palette to contour, highlight, and even for strobe lighting.One of my favorite things about this palette is that it is very versatile. The shades work for both everyday looks, and for special occasions. They are buildable shades, so it’s easy to layer the colors and blend them together. Of these shades, my favorite is the highlight. The pink toned lighting powder makes for subtle glow that looks healthy and natural.
I honestly think that these powders are worth the hype. If you aren’t interested in making the investment then you can buy the shades individually! So if you’re looking for a strong and versatile way to contour and highlight take a look at this palette first! It it available at Sephora and online here!
In the winter, I like to experiment with my eye makeup and one of my favorite palettes currently is the LORAC Pro Palette. The colors are very pigmented and easy to blend. The palette also provides a wide range of matte and shimmery shades.
I start by applying CREAM underneath my brow bone.
Then I apply MUAVE with a wide shader brush between my crease and browbone. This is a nice transitional color that doesn’t overtake the color I put in my crease.
Next I apply CHAMPAGNE to my whole lid and a little on the inside corner of my eye.
Then I apply PEWTER to my crease using windshield wiper motions. If I feel like going a little darker, I sill substitute PEWTER for ESPRESSO.
Then on the outside V of my eye I apply DEEP PURPLE.
Finally I apply my eye liner, and mascara. If necessary, I blend the colors or add more to my lid.
Here is the final product: