After a long day sometimes the only thing I want to do is crawl into bed. Before I do that though, there are a few things I always make sure I do. Especially with the weather getting colder that makes it even more important to keep my skin healthy well taken care of. To do this, there are a few things that I like to do every night before bed every night to keep my body and mind looking and feeling healthy.
1. The first thing I do is take off my makeup. Of everything I’ve researched about skin taking care of it, one conclusion I’ve found is that getting the makeup and built up oils and residue off of the skin is the best.
2. The next thing I do is shower, sometimes I skip this step depending on what is going on the next morning and how tired I am. Lately I’ve been using Clean On Me by Soap and Glory and I love it. The delicious scent and the seriously velvety lather makes it a great shower cleanser.
3. No matter if I shower or not I always wash my face with a gentle cleanser like the Neutrogena Deep Cleansing face wash. I will wet my face with warm water and then work it into my skin focusing on my T-Zone and other problem areas.
4. After that I will tone and cleanse my skin with the Mario Badescu Cleansing Toner C and Aloe Lotion. I use these by putting a little bit on a cotton round and working it into my skin.
5. Lastly I’ll finish off with a moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. Lately I’ve been using my Aveeno daily moisturizer but because of the SPF 15 I especially like to use it in the morning before I put on my makeup. At night I will often use the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I also take this time to pop on some Blistex before sliding into bed.
I kept this post mainly about skin care but there is usually a lot more dancing around in comfy pajamas with my room mates, Netflix watching, and rapid fire texting my best friends before bed.
Of all of the things important to college students, there is little more revered than sleep. I spent much of my time in high school and my entire freshman year trying to find ways to save on sleep. The quickest way to save time in the morning and sleep in as much as possible is by making your morning routine as quick and efficient as possible.
1. Have a set wake-up time
One of the best ways to have an efficient morning and not wake up feeling like a creature from the Walking Dead is to have a set bed time and wake up time. For me this time is something that works for both class and school.
2. Set out your clothes the night before
The easiest way to save time in the morning is to prepare the night before. I’m pretty terrible at this because all I want to do at night is sleep. One way however that I save time in the morning is by thinking about or putting out my clothes the night before. This aims to hopefully eliminate the dreaded time spent staring at your full closet wondering why you don’t have anything to wear.
3. Do a quick calendar check
I have two calendars in the form of dry erase boards right in front of my face when I wake up. I have a monthly view and a weekly view, this way I can quickly look over what I need to prepare for that day and adjust accordingly. Another thing next to my calendars is a to-do list where I put a list of things that have to get done that day.
4. Budget time
If I could, I would spend two hours putting time into my hair and makeup, unfortunately I only have an hour in the morning to do all of that and get dressed. That means I have to realistically think about how long it takes me to get ready and keep an eye on time.
I personally can not be alive without coffee or tea in the morning, I’m slowly trying to sneak water into my routine to stay hydrated and healthy, I have also been trying to remember to have something in the morning to kickstart my metabolism such as oatmeal or a banana or toast.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin