After a long day sometimes the only thing I want to do is crawl into bed. Before I do that though, there are a few things I always make sure I do. Especially with the weather getting colder that makes it even more important to keep my skin healthy well taken care of. To do this, there are a few things that I like to do every night before bed every night to keep my body and mind looking and feeling healthy.
1. The first thing I do is take off my makeup. Of everything I’ve researched about skin taking care of it, one conclusion I’ve found is that getting the makeup and built up oils and residue off of the skin is the best.
2. The next thing I do is shower, sometimes I skip this step depending on what is going on the next morning and how tired I am. Lately I’ve been using Clean On Me by Soap and Glory and I love it. The delicious scent and the seriously velvety lather makes it a great shower cleanser.
3. No matter if I shower or not I always wash my face with a gentle cleanser like the Neutrogena Deep Cleansing face wash. I will wet my face with warm water and then work it into my skin focusing on my T-Zone and other problem areas.
4. After that I will tone and cleanse my skin with the Mario Badescu Cleansing Toner C and Aloe Lotion. I use these by putting a little bit on a cotton round and working it into my skin.
5. Lastly I’ll finish off with a moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. Lately I’ve been using my Aveeno daily moisturizer but because of the SPF 15 I especially like to use it in the morning before I put on my makeup. At night I will often use the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I also take this time to pop on some Blistex before sliding into bed.
I kept this post mainly about skin care but there is usually a lot more dancing around in comfy pajamas with my room mates, Netflix watching, and rapid fire texting my best friends before bed.